Natural Hair Care Routine for Healthy Hair with Shambhavi Mishra
Being a health and beauty enthusiast, Shambhavi Mishra of TalkSassy quotes, “I believe that beauty resides inside and outside of one’s body”. She believes that we are what we eat and it all depends on how we care for ourselves.
A lifestyle, beauty and fashion blogger, with an experience of 8 years in journalism and anchoring both in print and electronic media. Here she shares her journey and enlightens us on how to care her hair.
Hair care routine
It’s important to care for your hair just like you do for your skin. “Oiling your hair is a must, as it helps your scalp and it helps avoid dry scalp and dandruff,” shares Shambhavi. For people with oily hair, you can apply a lesser amount on the scalp and more on roots.
Shampooing and conditioning with correct product, depending on your hair type is necessary. Wash your hair at least twice a week. For people with frizzy hair or dry scalp, avoid shampooing twice and rather wash your hair in one go. Avoid blow drying and opt for natural drying or towel dry, as too much heat can damage your hair.
Here we have a few natural ingredients that Shambhavi suggests you can use for hair care:
• Multani Mitthi (fuller’s earth) makes hair softer and shinier.
• Aloe Vera for scalp and hair is beneficial.
• Onion oil/ fresh onion juice is really good for hair.
• Mayonnaise is a moisturizer for dry hair.
Foods for strong and shiny hair
Hair has always been a crowning glory, a natural attractive accessory which augments one’s beauty. It is but natural that we take care of it by eating right. Here are the different types of food for that cascading, thick and luscious hair….
- Carrots: Do we need to say more about carrots? This is a list of vitamins helps the scalp to produce sebum, an oil which provides natural hydration to dry hair.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain lycopene that prevents hair damage and hair loss.
- Sweet Potato: Packed with beta-carotene, sweet potato gets converted to vitamin A when digested. This not only promotes hair growth but also improves hair follicles from its roots.
- Spinach: Green leafy greens like Palak is an excellent source of folic acid, vitamin A, C, zinc which are key to hair growth and good health.
- Bananas: Not just a good pick- me- up but its Vitamin B and zinc do wonders for your hair.
- Walnuts: Nuts are a great source of hair nourishment. Walnuts has hair enhancing nutrients such as vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin-E, biotin, copper and protein
- Sunflower seeds: Even as a healthy midday snack or topping on your salad, munch on sunflower seeds. They contain hair boosting nutrients such as biotin, protein along with magnesium, zinc, selenium, potassium, copper, iron, vitamin B, and E. These seeds also have calcium. Phew!
- Mackerel: You want thick, black and lustrous locks, right? Then an oily fish can see its way on your plate. Apart from improving brain power, mackerels also contain omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. These prevent hair loss and strengthen the hair follicles. Even if you are not fond of this oily fish, after reading this you will go for it.
- Salmon: Yet another fish that is packed with fatty acids, iron and vitamin B12, both of which are necessary for shiny skin and hair to match. It is also a rich source of protein and vitamin D, thus strengthening the tresses and preventing breakages. So, eat salmon and run your comb through your mane without a scare.
- Shellfish: Shrimps pack a punch for hair-nourishment as they are loaded with fatty acids, vitamin D and B12, iron, zinc, selenium and of course protein.
Your hair needs to be caring for it properly can help you feel refreshed, motivated and active. In this hectic lifestyle, it is a challenge to find time to pamper yourself. But always keep in mind that a healthy routine can do wonders and make you fall in love with yourself every day. Well, take few pointers from Shambahvi’s beauty tips and motivate yourself to care for your body.
Being a woman must always beautify yourself and your hair is the most important thing to create life in work and life. To have a smooth and shiny hair, care for and select the best shampoo and conditioner. Refer to hair-styles on APO Hair Blog for the best, most beautiful hair.